As a widely published author and trained journalist and sub-editor, I write books, book chapters, reports, open learning packages and articles on health policy and care. (See my Publications elsewhere on this site). My work as lead author or co-author includes:
- Salvage Jane, Stilwell Barbara (2018). Breaking the silence: a new story of nursing. Journal of Clinical Nursing.
- All Party-Parliamentary Group on Global Health (2016). Triple Impact: how developing nursing will improve health, promote gender equality and support economic growth. http://www.appg-globalhealth.org.uk.
- Report of the Willis Commission on Nursing Education (2012). http://www.williscommission.org.uk/home
- Front Line Care, the final report of the Prime Minister’s Commission on the Future of Nursing and Midwifery in England, 2010. http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20100331110400/http:/cnm.indep...
- Human resources for health unit, European region, World Health Organization, writing 50 country profiles.
- Office of Nursing and Midwifery, WHO Headquarters, writing and editing reports for a global project on primary health care.
- Global Health Watch 2005-2006: an alternative health report. Zed Books, London, 2005 (contributor, editor and member of research team).
- Collateral Damage: the health and environmental costs of war on Iraq, Medact, London 2002 (lead author).